Terms and Conditions
Thank you for considering me for your PA46 training and/or service requirements. Here is important information regarding our agreement. Please read it carefully; by entering an agreement with me you are accepting these terms and conditions which apply to our contract entered into in the State of Maryland.
Each training program presumes you are rated and current for instrument flight, have at least 500 Hours PIC time in high performance fixed wing aircraft and have reviewed the AFM. This is not required; however, if a pilot is unable to complete the training in the allotted time (for any reason including weather, aircraft maintenance, personal or business schedule), cancellation charges, wait charges and/or a supplemental training fee may apply.
· Initial Pilot Training (turbine) – Meridian (up to 35 hours over 5 consecutive days): $5000
· Initial Pilot Training (piston) - Matrix/Malibu/Mirage (up to 28 hours over 4 consecutive days): $4000
· Recurrent Pilot Training (piston & turbine) – (up to 14 hours over 2 consecutive days): $2000
· Recurrent Training (piston & turbine) – (up to 7 hours – one day): $1000 - This program is for pilots who are satisfied with their current level of performance and are interested in evaluation only. In order to be eligible for a one day program you must have flown 150 hours in the last 12 months or have completed a formal training program within the last 6-8 months. This program does not attempt to teach new skills. Flight Review/IPC endorsements and a completion certificate are issued on a pass/fail basis.
· Supplemental Training and service: Pilots new to the PA46 are often asked by their insurance underwriter to receive additional dual flight instruction or Initial Operating Experience (IOE) from an approved instructor beyond what is normally given in the standard training program. I give this additional training and any other additional training you request at the supplemental rate. Typically it takes 8 duty hours (one day) to produce 4 to 5 logbook flight training hours. Training time for the purposes of billing starts at the agreed upon time and ends at the end of the duty day, meals and breaks excepted. It includes flight planning, weather briefing, pre-flight and post flight inspections, classroom sessions and impromptu briefings as required up to eight hours per day. The cost is $1000 per 8 hour duty day or portion thereof. Duty days longer than 8 hours are invoiced pro rata ($125 per duty hour).
· Simulator Training: $130 per hour - Full motion simulator training (Advanced Aviation Training Device) is available when requested or required. This fee is in addition to the program fee or supplemental rate.
· The Mentor Program: (5 days over 12 months) The mentor program is an excellent option for those pilots who want to learn to fly and operate to higher standards. It is a two day recurrent program plus 3 days of standardization flights within a 12 month period. It is available to any pilot who has flown 150 hours in the last 12 months or has completed a formal training program within the last 6-8 months. The first four days are at the regular rate and the fifth day is invoice for expenses and per diem only when completed within 12 months of the first day.
· Ground audit: $600 per pilot – I am happy to have additional pilots sit in on the ground sessions (Including ride along on flights when appropriate).
. Group rate discount: a 10% discount will apply to the total fee when 2 or more pilots train at the same time in the same program.
Expenses are the direct costs I incur on your behalf to bring excellent PA46 training and services to the location of your choosing. They include ordinary direct costs for travel such as commercial fares for air, train, bus, taxi, car service, rental car, hotel,meals, tips and parking. Expenses will also include any amount I pay on your behalf for you, or your aircraft such as conference room charges, fuel, oil, fuel/oil test kits, ramp fees and tips. I round expenses to simplify the record keeping and I will include them on my invoice as one separate line item. When you retain me for training and/or service you are pre-authorizing me to use my judgement to make these commitments & pay these charges on your behalf; furthermore, you are agreeing to reimburse me promptly.
When it is paid, the invoice I provide will be your receipt for fees, per diem, wait charges, expenses and cancellation charges (if any). If you need detailed accounting in the form of itemized receipts, please advise me in advance since I often do not organize these in a way that supports this service. Three percent of the total invoiced amount will be added for this additional accounting service. Expenses paid in currency other than US Dollars will incur a 3% surcharge for currency conversion.
I will plan my own travel based on your commitment for dates and location(s). When I plan my travel, I make every effort to minimize costs with consideration given to a reasonable, reliable and flexible travel itinerary. This strategy literally puts me in position to give you excellent training and service at the lowest cost possible. I am happy to hear your suggestions, however I am generally unable to accept your generous offer for travel planning service, award certificates, discount airline tickets, shared hotel rooms, car rides etc. because this may adversely impact my ability to serve you or other customers. I thank you in advance for your understanding.
Travel Per Diem & Wait Time - $250 per half day (up to 4 hours) - Per Diem is modest compensation for the time I spend traveling on your behalf. If we are unable to train due to a mechanical failure, weather or your schedule, I am usually available to wait. The wait fee makes this option possible.
Postponements and Cancellations - $500 per day - In the event of a postponement or cancellation (for any reason) your invoice may reflect $500 for each reserved day lost plus any unrecoverable expenses. This essential charge makes it possible for me to save dates for you when you ask me to do so.
A non-refundable retainer in the amount of one half of the estimate is required at the time of booking. First-time commitments require that the balance of the estimated amount be paid 10 days prior to the first service date. A statement is provided at the end of the last day of training or service. It will reflect one line item for each of the following as applicable: credit for retainers, fee, travel per diem, travel expenses, aircraft livery expenses, wait time, cancellation fee (including unrecoverable expenses if any). Any balance due is payable upon receipt. Payment received after the last day of service is subject to interest charges at 1 1/2% per month except by prior agreement. Expenses incurred outside the continental US are assessed 3% (This is a bank charge which I am required to pay on your behalf).
If you default on this agreement and an attorney is consulted to collect any amounts owed by you under this agreement, you agree to pay all court and collection costs. In addition, you agree to pay the attorney fees.
I can accept cash (USD), check (drawn on a US bank), credit cards (not debit cards) (MasterCard, Visa, Discover, American Express) or wire transfer (USD).
If you have any questions about the training or service, how to prepare, what to bring, dates, fees, expenses or billing policies, please check the frequently asked questions, contact me via email, or give me a call.
Remember, excellent training doesn't take any longer or cost any more. Here are ten reasons why this is so.
I look forward to working with you. Thank you.
Dick Rochfort, ATP, CFII
Fly Safely - Train Often
Schedule your training NOW!
Schedule your training NOW!